A guarantee of quality and authenticity, which is recognised by all aristocrats of taste and many prestigious restaurants around the world.
Nicolas-François Billecart founded the House in 1818. He added his wife Elisabeth’s maiden name, (Salmon) to his own and could have personally claimed the above maxim. Stringent quality has been the key motivating factor behind the Billecart-Salmon family, established at Mareuil-sur-Aÿ since the sixteenth century. It justifies the trust shown, right from the start, by the wine merchants from the newly established United States of America, the Russian nobility and later by Prince Charles of Bavaria, one of the most prestigious courts of Europe in the second half of the nineteenth century. Since its foundation, the House has always remained in the same family, handed down from father to son, with men who meticulously fashion the product. The current management, seven generations down from the Founder, guarantees the continuation of ancestral traditions. In 1992, François Roland-Billecart took over from his father, Jean Roland-Billecart and now manages the House. Billecart-Salmon is one of the few remaining Champagne Houses to be owned by its original family. A guarantee of quality and authenticity, which is recognised by all aristocrats of taste and many prestigious restaurants around the world.